Stenter is a machine or apparatus for stretching or stentering fabrics. The purpose of the stenter machine is to bringing the length and width to pre determine dimensions and also for heat setting and it is used for applying finishing chemicals and also shade variation is adjusted. The main function of the stenter is to stretch the fabric widthwise and to recover the uniform width.
After stentering we can increase the width of the fabric up to 1.5-2 inch.The speed of the machine is about 7-150 m/min.3 meters fabric can run in each chamber.temperature is adjusted that according to the fabric blend.
Advantages of Stenter in Fabrics
- GSM of the fabric is controlled by Stenter.
- Width of the Fabric is controlled by Stenter
- Fabric is dryed by the Stentering Process.
- Shrinkage Property of Fabric is Controlled
- Moisture is controlled by the Stenter.
- Loop of the Fabric is controlled by Stenter
- Spirility of Fabric is controlled by Stenter